SMN Twitter





    Thursday, September 11, 2014

    'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Wants 'Green Lantern' To Appear In The "Arrow-Verse"


    Now Green Lantern has been a talk on Arrow since season one when Ferris Air first made its appearance. Their have been talk that Oliver Queens trusty friend John Diggle could possibly be the future Green Lantern known as John Stewart but in the service his friends simply called him "Diggle" thus the name stuck. Well, either way Arrow star himself Stephen Amell hopes Green Lantern either John Stewart or Hal Jordan to appear on the show! While speaking with Comic Book Resources the actor first goes into claiming Arrow is creating it's own "Justice League" and doesn't need to crossover over into the cinematic universe:
    "We are creating our own Justice League on TV for us. I don't think there is a logistical reality to us participating in the feature side. That being said, I never wanted to have to feel like the show was justified, just because we participated in the movie. I don't think my character would participate on the cinematic side. What's that saying? Is it six seasons and a movie? Our show right now has me, Arsenal, Flash. There's going to be Firestorm and Atom. The Justice League elements of it are very present on our shows ['Arrow' and 'The Flash'] already."
     He then goes onto talk about how he knew his cousin Robbie Amell was going to get the gig on The Flash show as Firestorm:
    "[Greg Berlanti] told me about Robbie and Firestorm about two months before Robbie knew about it. Robbie texts me and goes, 'I GOT A JOB ON 'THE FLASH!'' All capitals and exclamation marks. I wrote back, 'I know,' and then welcomed him to the Justice League of America. Robbie and I, for being in the same business, the only time we've ever teamed up is in beer pong. We've never actually teamed up on screen together. I think eventually there's a chance that Oliver Queen and Mr. Firestorm may cross paths."
     Then lastly says that he would love for Green Lantern to appear on TV even though it is probably prohibited by the higher ups at WB "Now, boy we've referenced Ferris Air a lot. It would be really cool to have Green Lantern. Hopefully, that happens. I have no inside information, unless I do."
    Arrow & The Flash Returns to The CW this Fall

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.