SMN Twitter





    Saturday, March 22, 2014

    [VIDEO] The Stalking Continues In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2



    While promoting The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise Of Electro in my homeland of Australia, stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone got to discuss teenage romance and the idea of stalking. Evident in the first film, Garfield's Peter Parker really loves Gwen Stacy, while his love for her may be deemed a little creepy (having her on his Sony desktop computer really doesn't help) it is evident that he really does love the girl. In the days of social networking and such, it is fairly common to be going on a 'Facebook stalk' and so I'm going to let this stalking thing slide, considering Spider-Man himself did in fact create Facebook with Lex Luthor. 

    Talking to Alison Stephenson of News.com.au, Garfield and Stone discussed the film in a rather light way, shining lights on the more intimate moments of the film. When asked how Andrew made Peter's stalking of Gwen seem so "charming," Garfield had to say, "I don't know if I did succeed - I think it may just be you that feels that way." When Garfield's real life girlfriend was asked the same question, Miss Stone replied with, "I don't think I should be validating stalkers, but I don't think he actually is stalking her, I think he's just trying to protect her."

    Garfield was soon asked how he feels Peter views Gwen in this film, following their relationship in the first film. Garfield said, "Everything in his [Peter's] head is saying, 'you can't, you can't, you can't' but everything in your heart and body is going 'I know, I have no choice' but it is, it just has to be." 

    You can check out the full interview below! The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise Of Electro hits theatres on April 17th.



    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.