SMN Twitter





    Saturday, March 8, 2014

    DIVERGENT Star Miles Teller Talks 'Mr Fantastic' & FANTASTIC FOUR


    Earlier this month, it was revealed that 21 & Over star, Miles Teller, would be portraying the 
    iconic character of Reed Richards/Mr Fantastic, in Fox's Fantastic Four reboot. Teller (27), who starred in this year's That Awkward Moment (My review here) and last year's crowd-pleaser, The Spectacular Now, sat down with IGN to discuss his upcoming film, Divergent. Unlike most actors who are cast as superheroes, Teller did not lie when asked if he grew up a comic book reader, Teller said "Well, for me I didn't grow up really as a comic book kid necessarily. Fantastic Four is my dad's favorite superhero comic." Usually when an actor is cast as a certain superhero, the actor would say how much they enjoyed the comic book growing up, and it's nice to see some honesty now and then. Teller followed up his comments by saying, "I think Josh Trank is a very creative, inventive guy. You look at Chronicle, you look at what he did for that budget and just how he told the story was really well done. I want to chase directors at this point, and then the cast kind of came together -- Michael B. (Jordan), Kate Mara, and Jamie Bell -- I was very excited." This is also the second confirmation of Jamie Bell as The Thing, Bell and Teller were only rumoured previously, but we can now confirm (although it had been thought for a while) that Bell is in fact Ben Grimm. 

    Miles Teller also discussed the tone of the film saying, "I was joking around about a year ago, 'I guess I'll be playing a superhero soon' because that's just the world that we're in, but I think a lot of times it just looks like Hollywood actors in Halloween costumes, you know? And I think what we're going to do with Fantastic Four is going to be very grounded and it made sense to me." You can read the rest of the interview in the link above, and you can check out Teller and The Amazing Spider-Man 3(?) actress, Shailene Woodley in this month's Divergent

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.