SMN Twitter





    Tuesday, January 7, 2014

    Clark Gregg Wants Paul Rudd's 'Ant-Man' on 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D'


    After months of speculation late last month Marvel officially announced that Paul Rudd (Anchorman, I Love You Man) will be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Edgar Wrights Ant-Man! Its assuming that he is playing the older Dr. Henry Pym in Ant-Man. Now that Marvel has Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D running within the MCU star Agent Coulson himself Clark Gregg reveals he wants Paul rudd to guest star on S.H.I.E.L.D:
    "What I love most about the movies from 'Iron Man' to 'The Avengers' is the sense of humor, and to have someone in the world who's going to really slam the not taking himself too seriously component out of the park is perfect. I hope [Rudd] does a lot of films with them and he comes onto our show, I love that idea. I love that idea. I think he's amazing and, for me, what's great about Marvel is the kind of outside the box casting that they've done, starting with Robert [Downey Jr.] who now seems so perfect, but I think was a little bit of a tough sell at the first moment,People who you don't associate initially with superhero movies is what works so well for Ant-Man, who's so smart and has an intellect."
    via Zap2It

    This isn't impossible but given the rumors that Paul Rudd was difficult during negotiations its unlikely a TV Show could afford him. That being said its not out of the realm of possibility to introduce one of Marvel Street characters (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist or Jessica Jones) on S.H.I.E..D first then split off into their own Netflix shows.
    Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D Returns Tonight on ABC

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.