SMN Twitter





    Tuesday, November 12, 2013

    PARKS & REC Star Nick Offerman Reveals His Dream Roles & His Audition For Wolverine!

    Image Credit: Boston Globe
    Parks & Recreation is one of the best shows on telly since The Inbetweeners ended. Star, Nick Offerman, has been a fan favourite for quite a number of comic book movie roles and earlier today Offerman revealed that he had auditioned for the role of 'Logan/Wolverine' in 2000's X-Men. The role that of course went to Hugh Jackman, was almost Ron F***ing Swanson's, imagine that... Awesome. On the audition Offerman said "You know actually, I auditioned for Wolverine when Bryan Singer made the first X-Men movie. I went on tape reading for that role. I always felt when I was younger, I could have taken a good crack at Wolverine." Despite this dream not coming true, Offerman reveals that he has another comic book movie role he'd like to give a shot, and with a reboot set to hit theatres in 2015, this dream could become a reality. The role I am talking about is of course Wonder Woman... Wait, no, it's actually The Thing from The Fantastic Four. Offerman is apparently a huge fan of The Thing saying "But I’ve always gravitated toward Ben Grimm, The Thing of the Fantastic Four. The most great superheroes I think too highly of to dishonour them by casting myself in their shoes. I tend to prefer the more modern teams of misfits." 

    While I personally feel Nick 'Swanson' Offerman should be cast as J.J Jameson in The Amazing Sider-Man 3, I would not complain if Offerman was cast as Ben Grimm/The Thing... Heck, cast Offerman as everyone, you need a Venom? Offerman, you need a new Ghost Rider? Offerman, you need a new Howard The Duck? Nick Offerman. Anyway, you can check out the full interview over at Newsarama. You can catch Nick Offerman on Parks & Recreation only on NBC.

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.