SMN Twitter





    Monday, July 14, 2014

    Director Josh Trank Didn't Have His Cast Read Any 'Fantastic Four' Comics While Filming


    Today, Esquire Mexico (via CBM)interviewed the upcoming Susan Storm Kate Mara about her upcoming reboot The Fantastic Four. In the interview she reveals that she was never a comic book reader and that director Josh Trank actually told her and the cast not to read any comics while filming the movie. With most hardcore fans already condemning this movie before it is even released this type of news is not exactly something she should have said.

     Read the full interview below:
    Q: How do you feel being the new Invisible Woman? It's a big responsibility.

    A: I don't feel more responsibility with this role that I've felt with others. I understand that there are many fans of Fantastic Four and I guess they expect a lot from me, but I prefer not to be pressured by that. We are also trying to create a new way of seeing these superheroes, I'm focusing on making her (Susan Storm) as real as possible.

    Q: Do you like comics?

    A: I've never been a fan of comics, I've never actually read one. I was going to for this movie but the director said it wasn't necessary. Well, actually he told us that we shouldn't do it because the plot won't be based on any history of anything already published. So I chose to follow his instructions. The one fact is I am a fan of comic book movies, so it's very exciting to be part of a movie like this.

    Q: What did you think when the audition for this movie? Were you nervous?

    A: I was excited, but I only focused on doing the best I could. I think there are roles you get if that's what needs to happen. I kept everything in perspective although expected to stay with the paper, because the movie has great actors like Michael B. Jordan (who plays her brother Johnny Storm).
    The Fantastic Four hits Summer 2015

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.