SMN Twitter





    Tuesday, April 15, 2014

    Channing Tatum Has Met With FOX About 'Gambit'


    Last year during the press rounds for White House Down actor Channing Tatum dropped the ball that he has always wanted to play the Rajun Cajun himself Gambit in a spin-off X-Men film. Then, it was revealed by longtime X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner that she has been wanting to do a Gambit film for a very long time. The last time we saw Gambit on screen was his extended cameo in X-Men Origins: Wolverine played by Taylor Kitsch.

    During an interview with MTV at the MTV Movie Awards over the weekend the actor reveals he has indeed met with FOX about the potential Gambit spin-off:

    "I met with Lauren Shuler Donner,And I would love it. Gambit is really the only X-Man I’ve ever loved. I mean I’ve loved them all, they’re all great, but I guess from being down south – my dad’s from Louisiana, I’m from Mississippi, Alabama, Florida – I don’t know. I just related to him. He’s just kind of suave… He’s the most un X-Men X-Man that’s ever been in X-Men. Other than maybe Wolverine, who’s like the anti-hero. He’s a thief. He’s not even a hero. He’s kind of walking the line of grey…He loves women and drinking and smoking and stuff so he’s just a cool guy who happens to have a moral center….I hope it [comes together]. You never know it’s a weird industry. If the stars align, I would die to play it. I’m already working on the accent. It’s crappy at the moment." 
    Now Kitsch did a good job as Gambit for being in the film in an extremely limited role and I would have preferred he returned for a spin-off but lets face it Channing Tatum attached to a project simply sells. I have come to actually like Channing Tatum in the recent years due to his comedy but this is about the money. The reason Fox is considering Tatum for Remy LeBeau is simply because it sells. It's the same reason they are considering a Mystique spin-off with Jennifer Lawrence.

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.