SMN Twitter





    Thursday, March 20, 2014

    Comedian Patton Oswalt Joins Marvels 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D'


    Marvel announced today that comedian and self proclaimed geek has joined Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D as Agent Eric Koenig
    Koenig, who first appeared in SGT. FURY AND HIS HOWLING COMMANDOS #27, was a part of Fury’s original team of World War II soldiers in the comics.
    Oswalt goes onto talk about how he was asked to come onto the show:
    “I got a call from my agent saying they want you on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and I said ‘hell, yes,’” recounts the actor. “I’m lucky that I’m visible enough that they wanted to bring me in to play this character. I’d worked with [‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Executive Producer] Joss [Whedon] before on ‘Dollhouse,’ and I guess I wasn’t too annoying and they decided to put me on another one of his shows. So I was very lucky.”
     He then first thought he was being brought onto the show as  pre-villian M.O.D.O.K but unfortunately Koenig isn't:
    “When they first told me the character’s name, I’ll admit the first thing I did is I went on Wikipedia and looked up the M.O.D.O.K. character to see if Koenig was maybe his name before he became M.O.D.O.K., but it wasn’t,” laughs Oswalt. “They keep on talking about the Clairvoyant in the show and I’m like, ‘is that M.O.D.O.K.? Am I M.O.D.O.K.?”

    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D returns April 1st

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.