SMN Twitter





    Thursday, January 2, 2014

    Director Jon M. Chu Talks About Leaving 'Masters of the Universe' Reboot


    During his press junket for his recent movie Justin Beiber Believe director Jon M. Chu talks about his departure from the Masters of the Universe reboot via Collider:
    "It was timing. We did so much for Masters, and the script is awesome. I love that project. I would have loved to do it. The problem with Joe is that we have a specific timeline and I need to be on that timeline. Masters wasn’t ready to go, at that moment. And I have a loyalty to G.I. Joe. I don’t feel like I’ve fulfilled the promise I gave, to bring everything I love about Joe to the script. I feel like we did a lot of foundational stuff. We cleared the way. We brought the movie back to life, but at the same time, there’s so much more to do, to make it even better. I learned a lot on the last one, and I want to put that into practice and make this one even better, and make it have life for many, many movies in the future, whether I’m doing them or not."
    Now who would want to see pick up the Masters of the Universe gritty reboot?!

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.