SMN Twitter





    Wednesday, December 25, 2013

    Director Jon M. Chu Updates 'G.I.Joe 3'; Filming Begins in 2014


    ComingSoon.net spoke with director Jon M.Chu about the 3rd installment in the franchise:
    "I love being active in world-building, so we're working on "G.I. Joe 3" right now. We're designing tons of stuff, which takes a little bit, but to me, that's obviously where I like to push myself and where I want to be for a long time and get to know better...I'm excited to bring in new characters and fun things beyond Bruce and Dwayne that we're working on and some great villains, but we're forming those ideas now. I'm really excited - it's going to be a whole ‘nother level."
    On if Channing Tatum's Duke will return from the dead:
    "It all gets carried away again. They asked me about Channing and I don't know. You never know in these movies, and that's all I said, and suddenly it became "Channing Tatum might be back." To me, every possibility is open and we're writing the script right now and we're figuring everything out. It's an extremely low possibility when you kill somebody like that, it's pretty much it, but you never know with "G.I. Joe." We did that with Storm Shadow, too."
    With no release date announced he does update on filming schedule which is next year:
    "I think we're going to be shooting next year. We're pretty motivated to get that up."

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.