SMN Twitter





    Wednesday, December 17, 2014

    Director Peter Jackson Would Return to 'Middle-Earth' Someday


    Today, Peter Jackson's 6th (and assumed) final Tolkien film hits theaters in the US for The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies. Many assume this would be the last Tolkien movie we see from Jackson until the inevitable reboot 10 years down the line but don't count Jackson out just yet. While Peter Jackson admits he want's to go do smaller budget films about his home country of New Zeland the director admits he is emotionally attached to the world of Middle-Earth and if asked he would return...one day:
    “If I had to start tomorrow, I would say no, because I definitely would appreciate a break to clear my head and get my little New Zealand stories done, which is where my passion and my heart is heading now. But ask me in two or three years, and I’d probably say yes. It would be hard to see another filmmaker go into this world, because I certainly have an emotional ownership of it.”
    Unfortunately there isn't any more books for Peter Jackson to admit given The Tolkien Estate owns The Similarion which is basically yet another prequel and the origin of how Middle-Earth was created. With the fall of Saurons master Morgoth and the love tragedy of Beren & Luthien. 

    The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies debuts everywhere today!

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.