SMN Twitter





    Tuesday, October 21, 2014

    'Cyborg' Ray Fisher & 'Aquaman' Jason Momoa Talk Solo Movie Announcements


    Last week WB dropped the hammer and announced a slew of upcoming DC movies being made including solo Aquaman movie in 2018 starring Jason Momoa and solo Cyborg movie starring Ray Fisher. Now while Jason Momoa has gone on record to denying such claims but with the offical WB announcement though Momoa spoke at Walker Stalker Con in Atlanta about playing the King of Atlantis:

    "Listen, I was asked to play it. You know, you audition and stuff like that, but the fact is you’ve just got to keep it quiet. You know what I mean, I was just trying to respect Warner Bros. and everyone’s wishes. I’m really, really happy that I don’t have to be quiet anymore, because that’s really hard for me. The greatest thing for me is that Polynesians, our gods, Kahoali, Maui, all these water gods, so it’s really cool and a honor to be playing a [water] character. And there’s not too many brown superheroes, so I’m really looking forward to representing the Polynesians, the natives. It’s cool be a part of DC’s universe. I’m really excited to be with Warner Bros., and hopefully everyone likes it. And Zack Snyder’s a genius, so I’m really excited to be hanging out with him."
    He then goes onto talk about Justice League and his solo outing as Aquaman: 
    "I don’t know the director. I know about as much as you guys know. I know the Justice League will come first. That’s really what we’re going to focus on. I’m not sure if it will be [set] prior to Justice League or post. I don’t know too much about it. It will probably be where he came from. It will probably be his whole origin story I would think…I mean I don’t even want to get quoted on this shit. So I know we’re going to do Justice League first. I don’t even know when we’re shooting yet, but it will be like 2016 or 2017, so there’s plenty of time."
    He also mentions when asked what actor he would love to play a villain opposite of him (with the co-host mentioning possibly for Aquaman) he goes onto say he would love Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender or Jai Courtney play opposite of him.


    Now as for upcoming actor Ray Fisher he goes onto admit to EW he didn't even know a solo Cyborg movie was happening until only a few hours before the official announcement last week:
    "I didn’t know the extent to which DC and WB had planned on taking my character. When I signed on, I just wanted to be part of this world. But that specific information, I found out then and there. I didn’t think I’d be getting my own stand-alone film."
     He also goes onto talking about being apart the rest of Justice League along with Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot and co..
    "I met everyone in the Justice League except Henry Cavill and Ezra Miller. It was surreal. You get this idea of going to work on a Hollywood set as being really stressful and nerve-wracking. But it blew that stereotype away. If they did have stressful times, it wasn’t while I was there."
    Aquaman and Cyborg will debut in 2016's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.