SMN Twitter





    Saturday, August 16, 2014

    Stellan Skarsgård Will Return as 'Erik Selvig' in 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron'


    It seems the wacky scientist Erik Selvig is expected to make another appearance in the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron sequel. While speaking with Total Film (via Comic Book Movie) the great Swedish actor Stellan Skarsgård reveals that when he first signed onto Thor back in 2011 he didn't know anything about comics and didn't think they would even make money as movies:
    “I didn’t have much clue about the Marvel universe at that time. What I said to Kevin Feige, the head of Marvel, was, 'All those superheroes? Still in those comic books? Can you make money out of that?' The whole table just froze and looked at me as if I was an idiot. But you sign on for at least five films, I think. Or I did. I’m going to do my fourth. I’m going to be in Avengers: Age Of Ultron, a small appearance. It’s something really nice. Even if it’s owned by Disney now, it’s really run by four or five people, and they know exactly what they’re doing. I like working with them because if I have a problem with the scene, I have Kevin Feige’s number. I can call the head of the studio. You can’t do that when you work on a normal Disney film or with Warner Bros or Paramount.”
    He then goes onto reveal that he will once again go butt-ass nude in the sequel just like he did in Thor: The Dark World:
    “Yeah, I was naked again, They called my agent and said, 'Do you think Stellan will mind being naked?' My agent laughed his head off. Yeah, I almost insist! Sometimes with a contract you get a nudity clause, which is fantastic. It’s supposed to protect me from having my genitals exploited, which I doubt anybody would make a dime on.First of all, I don’t know what I’m allowed to say. But usually they call me in if they need something explained. There’s a lot of explanations to do when it comes to that universe.”
    The Avengers: Age of Ultron debuts next May

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.