SMN Twitter





    Tuesday, February 18, 2014

    'Iron Man 3' Scribe Drew Pearce Talks Daredevil, Doctor Strange and Cloak & Dagger


    Today MTV News spoke with Iron Man 3 and All Hail The King screenwriter Drew Pearce about what marvel characters he would love see hit the big screen:
    "There's a list of heroes I'd love to see. Doctor Strange would be brilliant, Drew Goddard's going to do Daredevil much better than I ever could, but I'm jealous of that. God, Cloak and Dagger, I even like Cloak and Dagger, and I think there's a brilliant movie to be made with them. I'm sure none of them will come to fruition because nobody really cares what I think, so that's OK."
    He does also go onto mention a much more obscure comic "Damage Control" he would like to see since his Runaways script has been shelved he asked "Who cleans up New York?"
    "Was it S.H.I.E.L.D.? S.H.I.E.L.D., it doesn't appear to me, might not know how to rebuild a building or something. But you wouldn't just get a contractor in because what if there's something residual there? In the comic strips, Damage Control is all blue collar guys and girls, and some of them have super powers and some of them don't. There's a nice way of looking at how in the increasing Marvel universe where people are more aware inside the movies that they're living in a world full of superheroes. It's a microcosm for exploring real people and their reactions to those superpowers."
     
    Marvel One-Shot: All Hail The King hits on Thor: The Dark World DVD and Blu-Ray

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.