SMN Twitter





    Tuesday, December 10, 2013

    Nicolas Cage Says Warner Bros. Were "Scared" To Make Tim Burton's SUPERMAN LIVES


    During an interview with Metro about The Croods DVD and Blu-ray release, Nicolas Cage was asked if starring in animated films such as The Croods has anything to do with his love of comics. Look like he isn't the comic book fan we all thought he was! "Look, the truth is I’m not obsessed with comics," the Ghost Rider star revealed. "I don’t read comics as a 49-year-old man. Not that there’s anything wrong with that but I have other interests that are more in tune with where I’m at right now. But I’m loyal and I will never forget the impressions that comics gave me as a child. They are like primitive cartoons and those characters became like a modern mythology that’s touched the world. So animated movies are like cousins to comics." 

    Then he was asked how close WB came to making the Superman Lives movie, Cage said: "Very close. Look, I’m not going to be one of these guys that’s going to be, like, lamenting things. But is Tim Burton one of my favourite directors? Yes. Did I see some of the drawings of where he wanted to go? Yes. And I will tell you, they were fantastic and it would have been a mind-blowing experience. Did I have a concept of how to play the character? Yes, and I can tell you it would have been gutsy. So maybe Warner Brothers got scared because they had two artists that weren’t afraid to take chances." Good call Wanrer Bros. Good call. 

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.