SMN Twitter





    Monday, November 25, 2013

    Neal McDonough Hints at Dum Dum Dugan Return in 'Agent Carter' TV Series


    Even though its not official it seems Marvel maybe moving forward with a Agent Carter TV Series. It'll follow the newly form S.H.I.E.L.D after the event of the Agent Carter One-Shot. Now it seems Marvel has spoken with Neal McDonough about maybe reprising the role of Dum Dum Dugan in the show via IGN:
    Here’s the thing, I never really watch my stuff. I was at the Thor 2  premiere and Louis D’Esposito [Marvel Entertainment's Co-President and the Agent Carter One-Shot director] and Kevin Feige [Marvel Entertainment's Co-President] were there and they came up to me and said, ‘What did you think of Agent Carter? People went nuts for it at Comic-Con,’ And I went, ‘Huh?’ and they said, ‘What do you mean you haven’t seen it yet!?!’

    I’ll be going into the office next week and take a peek at it with the guys, ’cause they were talking about… I mean what a perfect series this would be. You’ve got S.H.I.E.L.D. on now, and this would be like a 1940s S.H.I.E.L.D. It’s pretty great stuff. I would love to do it. Dum Dum’s one of my favorite characters I’ve ever played. He’s just so much fun. You know he’s just another barrel-chested, beer drinking, good guy. And I really like that. I’d have to go gain 20 pounds again. But, hey, what are you gonna do?

     The interviewer goes onto tell him just like Nick Fury Dum Dum Dugan is also a modern day S.H.I.E.L.D agent:  
    I learned about that! Nick Fury took a super serum [in the comics] and he got shot and the blood got onto Dum Dum. Then he was frozen in the ’60s in a river when his wife and kid were killed, and he was woken up in the ’70s or something, and Nick Fury was there to tell him the news, which just rocked his world. But he was still 40-something-years-old. He aged quicker than Nick but slower than all human beings, so he’s still around. He’s still there. So I’m praying that Dum Dum comes around somewhere soon because everyone loved Dum Dum and I love playing him. My kids love Dum Dum. I think if its got a Marvel banner… I love Marvel. I think what Kevin’s doing is just genius. To do one film at a time and have each of them be great…

     We all know we would love for Neal McDonough to be back as Dum Dum Dugan one way or another. Maybe a Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D cameo?

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.