SMN Twitter





    Tuesday, October 22, 2013

    Alan Taylor "Not Responsible" for the Thor 2 Mid-Credit Scene


    Earlier this week Thor: The Dark World premiered to critics over in the UK. Many of course got to see the post credit scenes that were inserted into the film. If you would like to read what they are you can find them HERE. But as for the Thor 2 director Alan Taylor...he isn't to happy with them when speaking with Bleeding Cool:
    BC: So, while we’re talking about this film’s connections to the rest of the Marvel universe I have to ask, did you shoot the tag at the end?
    AT: By tag do you mean the middle thing, the one in the middle of the credits?
    BC: I mean the one in the middle.
    AT: I absolutely did not. I am very happy to not take responsibility.
    BC: So was that James Gunn?
    AT: I wouldn’t blame it on James Gunn.
    BC: Blame?
    AT: Er… I wouldn’t attribute it to James Gunn… it’s clearly his sets and his characters…
    BC: So you’re not quite comfortable with it?
    AT: I am very happy not to take responsibility for that…
    BC: It’s a different tone for sure, huh?
    AT: It’s a different tone. I would have shot it differently. But I think it’s cool that it reaches out and touches that other universe. That universe is coming. The Guardians universe is really cool and wacky… but that sequence in the credits, I would say, is the only part of the movie where I’m happy to give the credit away…
    It was also confirmed by Marvel head Kevin Feige that James Gunn did indeed film the post credit scene. From these words and the suppose running time argument rumor between Taylor and Marvel I don't see him returning to Thor 3.

    Thor: The Dark World hits November 8th in North America

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.