SMN Twitter





    Saturday, July 26, 2014

    Paul Bettany Talks Playing The Vision In AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.


    When Paul Bettany was revealed to be playing the Vision in Marvel's Avengers: Age Of Ultron, there was much anticipation of what the character could look like and we got a taste of some concept art yesterday. Not a full reveal though. Today, Paul Betanny who's known for playing Tony Stark's A.I, Jarvis, has sat down with Superherohype and discussed the role of The Vision.
     For a long while I discovered, having playing J.A.R.V.I.S., I wasn’t allowed to then play another character and Joss Whedon and I got on very well and he looked for a way to make that work and found it, though I can’t say what the relationship is between Vision and J.A.R.V.I.S.. Everything is a double-edged sword, I used to be in a studio for 45 minutes and do J.A.R.V.I.S. and get a huge bag of cash and go my way like a burglar, and now they want me to work for my money. Which is great and sweaty and hot, which you’ll realize once they unveil everything. It’s really f***ing cool. It’s great to join this train which is on really clear tracks.  



    On what intrigued him about the role of The Vision: 
      I’ve got to say that the greatest thing about the job for me is that however much research I could do, I would never know as much about Vision and this world as Kevin Feige and Joss Whedon, so it’s nice to give all responsibility of that to those guys. The thing that appealed to me is that this sort of nascent creature being born, being both omnipotent and totally naive, the sort of danger of that and complex nature of a thing being born that is that powerful and that created in a second and the choices he makes morally are really complex and interesting. They’ve really managed to maintain all of that, the old image I love is of him crying, I think it’s really expressed kind of beautifully in this “Avengers” film.
    In the film, it was revealed by EW that the Vision will be created by Ultron. How he factor's into the story, that remains to be seen but he does seem to have a prominent role that what we've been led to believe. Paul Bettany was very coy when he was asked about the Vision's abilities. While he didn't reveal anything significant, he told Superherohype: No? yeah, a little. We’ve talked about how he’s incredibly good at punching, which is key. He has the ability to change his density and that is … that’s awesome and exploited brilliantly by Joss in some cool moments when Vision is able to do something that is otherworldly. And he’s discovering all as he goes along. The Vision has a variety of abilities, it would be interesting to see how many of them make it into the film. What do you guys think? Are you excited to see The Vision's live action debut in next year's Avengers: Age Of Ultron?

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.