SMN Twitter





    Saturday, December 14, 2013

    William Fichtner Talks 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Rumors


    While promoting the DVD release of Elysium. ET Online sat down with star William Fichtner to of course talk Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They asked him about most of the fanbase backlash and his character The shredder and of course pizza!
    "Listen, rumor had it that people were up in arms with a few things about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," said an amused Fichtner. "I can tell you this much: The experience for me was really cool. I have nieces and nephews that grew up in the '80s, and if you were a kid, then that's what the Turtles were. But what I didn't realize when I started working on the film is how big that fan base still is. It's really huge, and … I get why Michael would want to produce a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You've got an audience that was there, but also, I think, kids are ready to see something like this again."

    He then talks about his in inspiration of the big baddie Shredder...
    "There's people who could speak to that better than I. You know, I really wasn't a Turtle aficionado and knew all of the backstory. There are some people that know all of the backstory, and that's one of the wonderful things about doing what I do, and sometimes playing a role like this. … For me, I want to find, 'What do you want to do with it now? Who is this guy to you right now? Because I'll tell you who this guy is to me.' And it's finding that collaboration that's exciting about working on this. But I will say this much: We've supplied the character of Eric Sachs (Shredder) with an awesome time, and with an awful lot of great twists and turns for a guy. But more importantly, I don't think that any version that I've ever seen of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles got you ready for what this one is. This is a whole new deal. This is a whole new ballgame. These turtles are unlike anything you've ever seen. They're crazy, it's freaky, it's live-action, and it's going to look awesome. I love Jonathan Liebesman, who directed it. I really felt that he got an amazing handle on what it was and what he wanted, and we'll see. August 8, next year. Can't wait!"
     They finally ask if there was lots of hot pizza on set in which he realized "That's right!" enthusiastically.

    TMNT hits August 2014 

    :: Disclaimer :: Superhero Movie News is run by volunteer contributors. If we are asked to take down anything we will and it will not be put back up after that.....No questions asked. Visit our COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN REQUEST Page for details.